Contact your Councillor
Telephone: 01438 714394
Current term 2015-2019
Denise and I moved to Digswell in 1978, attracted by the good train service to London (we were both commuters). We soon came to appreciate how special this village was, and I admired the contributions being made to the village by its then Parish Councillor.
When he had to move away for job reasons, I put myself forward for co-option to the Council, particularly to help protect Digswell from unsympathetic development which might spoil its special character.
I sit on the Council’s Planning and Finance Committee. I represent Welwyn on the County Association of Parish Councils, and through that, I represent Hertfordshire’s parishes on various other bodies.
Locally, Denise served on Digswell Village Hall’s committee for many years. I later became a Trustee of the Village Hall. I am also Chairman of Digswell Lake Society (nature reserve).
All councillors can be written to at:
- Welwyn Parish Council, Parish Centre, Lockleys Drive, Welwyn,Hertfordshire, AL6 9NT.
Please mark it “Private & Confidential” if you do not wish staff to open it.
Membership of Committees & External appointments
- Finance Committee 2015–
- Leisure Facilities & Open Spaces Committee 2015-
- Planning & Licensing Committee 2015-
- Burnham Green Joint Management Committee
- Community Engagement Committee
- Digswell Residents Association
- Hertfordshire Association of Parish and Town Councils (HAPTC)
- Friends of Mimram
Previously the Councillor roles:
- Car Parking Committee 2015-
- Declaration of interests (Register of Members Interests Form)
The link above goes to a folder with a Member Interest form for each councillor. It provides a list of the Councillors interests which might be considered prejudicial. For example if they owned a large number of shares in a company the council was dealing with.