The Planning and Licensing Committee is chaied by Cllr Colin Hukin and consist of a membership of seven councillors. It is an Executive Committee of Welwyn Parish Council with full delegated powers.
The Committee is constituted to ensure that Welwyn Parish Council reviews and comments on planning and licensing applications from the planning authority (Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council), consultations from partners, Borough, County and national level, in partnership with the Welwyn Planning Amenity Group.
Powers and responsibilities:
• Review planning and licensing applications sent to Welwyn Parish Council by Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council and determine whether Council should recommend refusal or voice no objection within 21 days.
• Determine the grounds upon which refusal is recommended should that be the case.
• Refer back to Full Council or the Leisure Facilities and Open Spaces Committee any large or controversial development or any plan that an individual councillor so requests for full debate. If necessary the Committee will request an extension to the time limit from WHBC to allow this to happen.
• Review and comment on consultations from partners, Borough, County and national level.
• Liaise with relevant departments at WHBC where necessary in matters relating to planning policy and best practice.
• Work in partnership with the Welwyn Planning Amenity Group.