The council works hard to be transparent in its actions and decisions.
This is in part due to the need for compliance with national legislation and guidance, but also because we want to go a step further wherever possible.
Where can I find out more?
- You can read all of the Council’s meeting papers, except where the content involved confidential staff matters, or if the subject is commercially sensitive, in which case it will be made available after the sensitive part (e.g. tenders, contract placement) is completed.
- Find out about the individual councillors.
- Transparency Code, including Financial Transactions, and other financial information published Quarterly and Annually
- Council Publication Scheme
- Council policies and procedures
- Not sure which council you need?
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
You can also ask for information in writing under the Freedom of Information Act. If the council has the information it will try to provide a response, or tell you where you can find the information. Just contact us with your query. It has to be in writing either by email or post to be considered.
In cases where it might take a long time, the council can levy a charge. We will try to avoid this where possible and will inform you in advance if it looks likely. You can find out more about Freedom of Information requests here.